|The Real Deal on Trash Disposal at Grandville|
Trash is picked up and hauled by Waste Management of New Jersey, under contract with Hamilton Township. The Mercer County Improvement Authority picks up both kinds of recycling, and requests that all residents observe the recycling regulations printed on the decals on the recycling dumpsters.
• Our regular days for trash pickup (green dumpsters) are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
When taking out the trash (from the Book of Grandville Rules and Regulations)
• Secure all trash in plastic and double-bag it if odorous
What to do when the dumpsters are overflowing
• Wait for Target’s on-site supervisor, Joe Hall (can sometimes be found in the garage between buildings 13 and 14), to affect pickups. He inspects the dumpsters on a daily basis and knows whom to call.
What to do with bulky items (too big for the dumpsters)
• Leave bulky items next to the trash dumpsters, but NOT blocking access to them. Call 587-1500 to check on who picks up which items, and to alert Waste Management and schedule pickup of the items.
What to do when the dumpsters start to smell bad
• Always close the lids on the dumpsters after you dispose of your trash and recyclable items.
|Copyright © 2001, John G. Thomas |
Revised: May 16, 2006
Email: John G. Thomas